Airship Assassin - A Murder Mystery for Big Parties
“This is Captain Fredericks of the Graf Zeppelin. We shall shortly be concluding our New York to London transatlantic flight. I would hope to wish you to enjoy your trip, however we have had word from the secret service that we have a King and an Assassin on board.
The King is travelling incognito for his security. we do not know who the King is. The Assassin is also unknown to us. You must find and identify the assassin before our voyage is over.”
PICK A ROLE
Each guest at your party takes on a role, maybe Diamond Thief, Body Snatcher, Police Inspector, Hypnotist and more. Each card has certain powers and lets you look at another players card. In that way, each guest can work the room until they can identify the Assassin and the King. BUT! Players can swap cards – so who you thought was the Assassin might be someone else by the time the game ends!
HELPS NOT HINDERS THE PARTY
With Airship Assassin your guests can choose how much effort they want to put into playing. They can treat it seriously, or ignore it altogether.
It encourages guests to interact with each other and generally mingle.
The game will not suffer if people do not participate.
It won't get in the way of conversations - in fact the reverse - it encourages people to strike up conversation and banter.
PRINT AND PLAY
Airship Assassin is a print and play game. Your online order will get you all the files you need to print. You can print them yourself or send them a commercial card printer - for your own copy only of course.
AT THE PARTY
In addition, you will need to link to one of the sound files which acts as a timer through the game.
Select the sound file you want depending on how long you want the game to last.
You can play the sound file direct from the website, or you can download it for playing on PC, tablet or MP3 player.
BEFORE THE GAME STARTS TELL EVERYONE THIS:
1) You will be given a boarding pass card – you must not reveal this card to anyone until the game starts.
2) Once the game has started you may agree with another player to reveal each other's cards.
3) You do NOT HAVE TO AGREE voluntarily.
4) Some cards say you are not allowed to reveal your card.
5) Sometimes you may be forced to agree by what is on another players card.
6) If you do agree – show your cards to each other and take any actions.
7) The actions may include: Swapping Your Cards, Performing an Action, Becoming Someone Else
8) You may be told you HAVE TO or CANNOT do something – this applies to the rest of the game.
9) If you have to swap cards – you become the person shown on your NEW card, you ignore everything about your old card
10) There is a pile of spare cards
WINNING THE GAME
12) There may be several winners
13) Some cards have winning conditions
14) If you have met your personal objective – as set on the card you hold at the end of the game – you are a winner
15) If you can identify the Assassin – you are a winner
Airship Assassin - Designer Notes
A.I.M. - Agents for Infiltration and Mayhem
1976 Formula 1 Motor Racing
Leviathan 3000 - Space Warfare
Our Other Websites
uLearn.Photography - online photography courses
JustCopyAndPost.com - prewritten blogs and emails
Simon Q. Walden, AQSgames.com
Rose Cottage, Church Rd